Difficulty: * | ***
Preparation time: max. 30 minutes
A little introduction
I knew about detoxing and I’ve read about detox teas and juices, but soups? That was new to me. But as I’m thinking of it, it totally makes sense: with the right ingredients they can be real vitamin-bombs. Plus, they’re perfect for this cold weather since they will warm you from the inside. So get ready for a new trend coming straight outta Hollywood!
Since I’m trying to kickstart this new year 2016 as a healthy one I thought that I’d give it a try! So I cooked this sweet-potatoe and ginger soup I read about in a magazine and was literally blown away by how delicious it was! In fact, it was so good, that my brother asked me where I bought it, haha!
Of course this one soup is not going to detoxify you. That process takes up to 3 days and involves lots of soup eating, water drinking and… well… more soups. Doesn’t sound too exiting, doesn’t it? I thought so as well! But now that I realized just how good this can taste, I might even consider it!
But enough of this! Find the recipe below. 🙂
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 3 (medium sized) sweet potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 2 TB Coconut Oil (I used Olive Oil)
- 1 TB grated ginger root
- 1 bundle of lemongrass (optional)
- 1,5 L water
- 1/4 L coconut milk
- 1 TB chopped parsley
- 1/2 TB Chili flakes (optional)
Can be served with: beef, white bread or crackers.
Preparation in 6 easy steps:
- Peel the sweet potatoes and carrot and chop them to squares.
- Heat the pot with some oil, then gently roast the vegetables, ginger, lemongrass bundle and chili flakes.
- Add the water and let cook until the veggies are soft.
- Remove lemongrass and add the coconut milk.
- Purée the soup until creamy and smooth.
- Lastly, add salt/pepper and parsley!
If I could convince you into cooking this soup as well, then leave me a comment, email me, send me a picture or tag me on Instagram! I’d love to hear about your opinion on it! 🙂
And I believe that I’m definitely trying more of those – and even consider the whole 3-day soup detox. But first I’ll do some research on it and might even write a post about the topic. Therefore I only got left to say: stay tuned!